Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The shadows of Hiroshima

Only yesterday, after more than 33 years of life and after 66 years from the Hiroshima bombing (1945), I came acrross pictires of the Hiroshima shadows.
Well to get a detailed explanations of how that worked (A-bomb, radiation, heat and exposure of shadown on the groud) there are other webstes you can visit like this.
Here I want to concentrate on the effect I received looking at them. I am a photographer so I was quite impressed. I also felt quite historically ashamed that I didnt' know about them before.
I imagined what I would be looking at before the A-bomb, and you see really the shape of people standing, hugging, sitting. In less than a second, and hopefully without pain for them, they've been wiped away forever. But their shadows remained. This is not coincidence. It is not to remember the a-bomb. Those shadows are there for us to remember the moments. One moment is enough to make an impression that will last forever. Moments are what compose a big event. Moments, like details, are important to create a bigger picture. Each moment is sacred, for it exists only in that moment. One moment is enought to change everything, to cancel, restart, move on, move back, just move, to turn things around, to see someone's birth, or death. And we so much take all moments  for granted.......
For photos and history: here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aperantly you havent seen how the a bomb explodes and its a reminder of the a bomb because thats what it did to the people not the memories. but i do feel horrible because iam japanese and the a bomb was horrible to us