Monday, July 12, 2010

Economizer Kitty Lake

I have a very fussy and ingenious cat, Ozio. He gets bored with normal toys and usually needs me to play actively with him once a day, which is fine when possible, but sometimes it is not possible. I already bought him "intelligent" toys, that he gets still bored with, he has feathers, homemade catnip toys, pluches, a racing track with a hidden ball he needs to take out, balls, and so on... I am not very keen in buying him anymore toys because I know that if I don't actively play with him like if I am a cat he doesn't like them. His fav game is me running behind him so he can "escape" and jump everywhere.
However yesterday someone sent me the link for a smart toy, something that indeed cat should appreciate: the kitty lake. Look at those cats and how they seem happy fishing the toys... true, cats love fishing!
So I was asking myself if I should buy one for Ozio, when someone said: put some plastic toys into a bucket with water and you have managed the trick for much less money.
This morning I tried, and of course it works like the Kitty Lake...
Ozio was happy and playing with the balls I made him, and was happy that he could play with water without me being mad at him.
Look at his face.... at first he did not understand what was going on... few moments later he was fishing the balls. I then moved the bucket into the bathroom so he could splash water all around.. and so he did, as soon as he was alone I heard splash and saw him running away, he put his paw on the side of the bucket and being not too light he knocked it over and water splashed out and on him! LOL.... It was a very interesting game, and can be done in the warm weather. You may just need to dry your floor once your cat has finished splashing and fishing, but is fun-guaranteed even for the fussier cats!!

No comments: