Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lady in White

She was sitting together with me in the waiting room, that lovely woman dressed in white. She had a cute skirt made of white st. Gallen embroidery with black flowery inserts, very nice, with a white st. Gallen top. The whole was accompained by exquisite details, dark red painted nails and a red little pendant, black purse and black shoes matching the skirt. She immediately caught my attention because I live in a country where, she later also admitted, feminine dresses aren't so popular. Femininity is not considered cool, instead is considered weak. This is a mistake, it is not necessarly true that if a woman likes to appear like a woman and likes to act like one it means she is weak. The lady in white started talking to me about something when I had to ask her where she was from and where she got her clothes from. She was dutch, but had bought those clothes in Spain. She told me how important it should be for all women to get in touch with their feminine side, without being scared of looking weak. In a way I am a kind of conservative-like woman, even if I believe of myself to be modern, open-minded and absolutely never thought of being politically or religiously conservative. It is a kind of preservation of the femal species, away from what modern society tells women what and how they should look like: always strong, never tired or emotional, always sexy and ready to enjoy every moment of their lives. I heard lately many guys being down with the "philosophy" of the so called dudeism. Well, my question to the dudes is: how does a feminine woman fit in a world of dudes? We are not genetically predisposed to think in certain ways men do, and this does not mean that women are racists against men-kind and want to feel and therefore be different. We are different. But different is good. Once we can appreciate each other differences, then there would be a better understanding. I say this to men, but could tell the same to women. Men are different from us, we should appreciate the differences, not blame them or expect them to become women. I feel, and the woman in white agreed, that in modern society the globalization effect is spreading also in direction it shouldn't. So that, we should not think of being all equal and the same, there are differences amongst individuals, genders, races, cultures, and so on. And we're trying to destroy them. Well women should be proud to be women. Women that have a passion for any type of science or profession should pursue it. Women who feel their best achievement would be having a family and live their life for it, should pursue their dreams too. No one should feel better than the other. Both entities are part of the same thing: being a woman-being. We're humans, so we have dreams we should try to pursue. For centuries women have been considered inferior and have been denied human rights. Now that we have those rights, we're forgetting about being women. Why? I am a woman. I do not feel ashame to be feminine and I actually like it very much. I like to treat my person and I learn how to do it in the most convenient way. I am learning how to cook, how to sew and how to make homemade things, because I think it is one interest of we women to make the world a better place, more welcoming and cute for everyone to live in. Besides that, I also study psychology and I have worked for many years as coordinator, so I have not been sitting at home sewing and scrapping, eating all day. I enjoy doing that though... I found it relaxing! I just say this to give an idea of who's writing what. Anyways, this "little post" was kind of a femininity call. I have wanted to do this since ages, wanted to put up a website for it, but I never get around doing it. The white lady today was a real inspiration, a reminder of who I am too inside.
In the name of it, I attach a picture of my latest homemade creations: felted soaps, body oils and a lip-butter.

Thanks to who ever gets to read this ~ it's the outpourings I needed to have ^__^

No comments: